1. What are three basic parameters to configure on a wireless access point? (Choose three.)
2. Which governing body analyzes the applications and environments in which wireless networks are used?
3. Fill in the blank.
SSID (Service Set Identifier) is used to distinguish different networks. It has ___32_____ characters at most.
4. Which is a service that allows devices on a network to discover other devices and determine how to work with them.
Internetworking Protocol Exchange Messaging (IPEM)
Plug and Play (PnP)
Universal Plug and Play (UPnP)*
Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
5. Why would you configure QoS on your router?
You need to provide access to an internal web server.
You need to prioritize one type of traffic over another.*
You want to encrypt traffic on your wireless network.
Your MTU was not set correctly.
6. Which of the following statements about SSIDs are true? (Choose 3)
Only one wireless device uses them.
All wireless networks use them.*
They should be unique to your wireless LAN.*
They are broadcast, by default, by most wireless network devices.*
7. Tom is excited. Dad has given him the task to set up his new 802.11n wireless home router. To do a good job, what must Tom consider when configuring the router? (Choose 5)
Enable MAC address filtering.*
Change the default router’s name, login id and password.*
Use the highest level of security mode supported by the clients.*
Use Static IP instead of PPPoE.
Enable SSID broadcast.
Choose the channel with the least interference.*
Enable remote management for convenience.
Use ‘Tom-network’ as passphrase.
8. Fill in the blank.
What device is the wireless equivalent of a wired hub? ________Access Point____________ .