Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
IT-Essentials v6.0 Chapter 7 Practice Quiz Answers
1. How many host addresses are available on a network with a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0?
2. Which term is used to describe any device on a network that can send and receive information?
3. Which network device regenerates the data signal without segmenting the network?
4. Which standards organization publishes current Ethernet standards?
5. Which protocol operates at the application layer of the TCP/IP model?
6. Fill in the blank.
A switch is a networking device that will record __MAC__ addresses by inspecting every incoming data frame.
Noted: You can write one of the following in netacad: “media-access control” or “media access-control” or “MAC” or “mac” or “media access control” or “media-access-control”
7. What is the correct compressed format of the IPv6 address 2001:0db8:eeff:000a:0000:0000:0000:0001?
8. Which type of network will extend a short distance and connects printers, mice, and keyboards to an individual host?
9. What is the proper CIDR prefix notation for a subnet mask of 255.0.0.0?
10. What is the color of the wire for pin 1 in the T568B Ethernet wiring standard?
11. A student is helping a friend with a home computer that can no longer access the Internet. Upon investigation, the student discovers that the computer has been assigned the IP address 169.254.100.88. What could cause a computer to get such an IP address?
interference from surrounding devices
reduced computer power supply output
static IP addressing with incomplete information
unreachable DHCP server*
12. What type of networking cable is used by television companies to carry data as electrical signals?
13. At which layer of the TCP/IP model does routing take place?
14. Which two protocols operate at the transport layer of the TCP/IP model? (Choose two.)
15. What reference model divides network communications into seven distinct layers and is used to maintain equipment and application interoperability between different vendors?
16. A company is expanding its business to other countries. All branch offices must remain connected to corporate headquarters at all times. Which network technology is required to support this scenario?