Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
IT-Essentials v6.0 Chapter 6 Practice Quiz Answers
1. What is the minimum amount of system RAM that is required to run the Windows 8 Hyper-V virtualization platform?
2. Which two statements are true about restore points? (Choose two.)
They recover personal files that have been corrupted or deleted.
They back up personal data files.
They are useful to restore the computer to an earlier time when the system worked properly.*
They contain information about the system and registry settings that are used by the Windows operating system.*
A technician should always create them after updating the operating system.
3. A workstation is configured with an advanced video capture card that was added to the system. After the OS was updated from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1, the video card stopped working. What should be done to address this problem?
Update the driver.*
Update the video editing software.
Update Windows 8.1.
Update firmware on the workstation.
4. What is a characteristic of a virtual machine on a PC?
The number of virtual machines that can be made available depends on the software resources of the host machine.
A virtual machine needs a physical network adapter to connect to the Internet.
A virtual machine runs its own operating system.*
A virtual machine is not susceptible to threats and malicious attacks.
5. A technician has installed a third party utility that is used to manage a Windows 7 computer. However, the utility does not automatically start whenever the computer is started. What can the technician do to resolve this problem?
Change the startup type for the utility to Automatic in Services.*
Uninstall the program and then choose Add New Programs in the Add or Remove Programs utility to install the application.
Set the application registry key value to one.
Use the Add or Remove Programs utility to set program access and defaults.
6. What utility is used to show the system resources consumed by each user?
7. A user has a netbook that has the maximum amount of RAM that can be installed (1 GB), but the user performance is suffering. What Windows system utility can be used to help in this situation?
8. A help desk technician is talking to a user to clarify a technical problem that the user is having. What are two examples of open-ended questions that the technician might use to help determine the issue? (Choose two.)
Has anyone else used the computer recently?
What happens when you try to access your files?*
Can you boot the operating system?
What updates have you performed lately?*
Can you boot up in safe mode?
9. Which of these programs is an example of a Type 2 hypervisor?
Windows XP Mode
10. Enabling and disabling the pop-up blocker in Internet Explorer is accomplished through which Internet Options tab?
11. Which system tool can show hardware and software information for both local and remote computers?
12. What would be the result of having a corrupt Master Boot Record?
The keyboard will be unresponsive to the user.
The printer will function incorrectly.
A new application will fail to install.
The operating system will fail to start.*
13. What command would allow a technician to receive help with the command-line options that are used to schedule a program to run at a specific time?
14. A technician is having difficulty resolving what appears to be a Windows 7 problem. Previously documented known solutions did not work and neither Device Manager nor Event Viewer provided useful information. Which two actions should the technician try next? (Choose two.)
Check the Internet for possible solutions.*
Reinstall the operating system.
Use the recovery CD to restore the operating system.
Ask the customer for any idea about what may be wrong.
Check any manuals that relate to the hardware and software.*
15. A user notices that a PC is running slowly and exhibits a delayed response to keyboard commands. What is a probable cause of this symptom?
One or more program files have been deleted.
A recently installed device driver is incompatible with the boot controller.
A process is using most of the CPU resources.*
The video card does not support the resolution that is being used.