Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
IT-Essentials v6.0 Chapter 5 Practice Quiz Answers
1. What are two ways that network operating systems (NOS) differ from desktop operating systems? (Choose two.)
Network operating systems enable files and folders to be shared on a network, whereas desktop operating systems can not share files or folders.
Network operating systems have limited account user management capabilities, but desktop operating systems can manage many user accounts.
Network operating systems can support many users at the same time, but desktop operating systems can only support a limited number of users at a time.*
Network operating systems have strong security and account management capability, but desktop operating systems have limited security and account management capability.*
Network operating systems support a single user, but desktop operating systems can support many users.
2. Which key, when pressed during the boot process, will allow the user to choose to start Windows in safe mode?
3. What term is used to describe a logical drive that can be formatted to store data?
4. What feature of an operating system allows it to support two or more CPUs?
5. Fill in the blank.
Hard drive __track__ are complete circles on one side of a hard disk platter.
Noted: You can write one of the following answers: “track” or “tracks”
6. Which free Microsoft utility can scan Windows 7 for hardware and software incompatibility issues?
Windows Easy Transfer
Microsoft System Preparation tool
Windows Compatibility Center
7. Which file system is used to access files over a network?
8. What contains information on how hard drive partitions are organized?
9. What is the function of the Windows Compatibility Center?
to migrate user files and settings from one computer to another
to check online for the compatibility of software and hardware with different versions of the Windows operating system*
to prepare an operating system with different hardware configurations so that the operating system can be installed on multiple computers
to run a scan on a system to detect incompatible software and hardware
10. Which term best describes the process of breaking a program into smaller parts that can be loaded as needed by the operating system?
11. When a user makes changes to the settings of a Windows system, where are these changes stored?
12. A technician is attempting to create multiple partitions on a hard disk that is using the boot sector standard that supports a maximum partition size of 2TB. What is the maximum number of primary partitions allowed per hard drive?
13. Fill in the blank.
Technicians can use a Microsoft tool called __sysprep__ to remove undesired settings when creating a disk image for cloning an operating system.
Noted: You can write one of the following answers: “sysprep” or “microsoft sysprep“, or “microsoft system preparation tool“, or “microsoft system preparation“, or “system preparation tool“, or “system preparation“, or “sysprep tool“, or “microsoft sysprep tool”
14. What are two types of computer user interface? (Choose two.)
15. What type of disk volume stores data in stripes on multiple physical disks and uses parity for each stripe to provide fault tolerance?