Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
IT-Essentials v6.0 Chapter 2 Practice Quiz Answers
1. Which device can protect computer equipment from brownouts by providing a consistent quality of electrical power?
2. What is a proper directive for using a can of compressed air to clean a PC?
Use a long, steady stream of air from the can.
Do not use compressed air to clean a CPU fan.
Spray the CPU cooling fan with the compressed air to verify that the fan blade is spinning freely.
Do not spray the compressed air with the can upside down.*
3. What safety hazard might occur if a partially filled aerosol can is exposed to excessive heat?
lethal voltage potential
4. Which tool can protect computer components from the effects of ESD?
antistatic wrist strap*
5. Which tool would be used to scan Windows critical system files and replace any corrupted files?
6. Which statement describes the term ESD?
It is a device that supplies a constant level of electrical power to a computer.
It is a measurement of the current flowing though electrical devices.
It is the sudden discharge of static electricity that can adversely affect a component.*
It is a type of interference caused by electrical motors.
7. What three guidelines should be followed to provide safe conditions when computer equipment is being repaired? (Choose three.)
Turn off the power to the printer and computer before beginning.*
Do not open the power supply.*
If a screwdriver is unavailable, use a knife with a sharp point to loosen screws.
Bend your knees when lifting heavy objects.*
Have all of your extra parts, screws, meters, and tools beside the chassis ready for use.
Ensure that your ID badge is around your neck and visible.
Do not wear loose jewelry unless it is gold, because gold does not conduct electricity.
8. What tool would be used to determine which network port attaches to a specific office jack?
punch down tool
9. Which tool can be used to take resistance and voltage measurements?
power supply tester
10. What is an accepted method for cleaning computer components?
using glass cleaner on a soft cloth to clean the outside of the mouse*
using rubbing alcohol to clean component contacts
using ammonia to clean the LCD screen
using a lint-free cloth to remove dust inside the computer case
11. Which two devices commonly affect wireless networks? (Choose two.)
incandescent light bulbs
external hard drives
12. What are two safety hazards when dealing with laser printers? (Choose two.)
proprietary power bricks
unwieldy card cages
13. Which type of fastener is loosened and tightened with a hex driver?
cross head screw
six sided bolt*
14. Which tool would be used to create a partition on a hard drive?
15. What would make it easier for a technician to troubleshoot a problem that has been previously solved by another technician?
personal troubleshooting journal
online forum of manufacturer
online computer manual
centralized closed trouble tickets*
16. A technician accidentally spills a cleaning solution on the floor of the workshop. Where would the technician find instructions on how to properly clean up and dispose of the product?
the safety data sheet*
the regulations provided by the local occupational health and safety administration
the local hazardous materials team
the insurance policy of the company
17. Fill in the blank.
A technician should keep a personal __journal__ where all steps taken to repair a computer problem are noted including any configuration changes made.