Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
IT-Essentials v6.0 Chapter 13 Practice Quiz Answers
1. What two roles or tasks are associated with level two technicians? (Choose two.)
remotely updating drivers and software on customer computers*
gathering diagnostic information from a customer computer*
gathering customer information to initiate a work order
escalating a trouble ticket to a higher level technician
prioritizing incoming calls according to their severity
2. What is a common responsibility of a level one call center technician?
entering a concise description of a customer problem into a ticketing system*
calling back customers and asking additional questions to solve the problem
receiving escalated work orders from a lower level technician
remotely connecting to customer devices and implementing driver and software updates
3. What is considered ethical behavior by a technician when communicating with a customer?
A technician can send forged emails to customers.
A technician can send mass emails to customers.
A technician must only send solicited emails.*
It is normal to send chain emails to customers.
4. What is the definition of the term SLA?
the responsibilities a customer has with the technician to provide hardware and software support
a contract that defines the expectations of the technician about supporting the customer
a legal agreement that contains the responsibilities and liabilities of the service provider*
an acronym for stress level agreement
5. Which is true regarding the treatment of customer property?
Data left on a customer’s PC is not property because it is visible to others.
A customer’s phone list is customer property and must be kept private.*
A technician does not have to care about copies of customer files because it is not the original.
Customer property is limited to hardware.
6. During computer forensics investigations, which type of data is lost when power is removed from the computer?
data that is stored on solid state drives
data that is stored in RAM*
data that is stored on magnetic disk
data that is stored to an external drive
7. What skill is essential for a level one technician to have?
the ability to translate a description of a customer problem into a few succinct sentences and enter it into the work order*
the ability to ask the customer relevant questions, and as soon as this information is included in the work order, escalate it to the level two technician
the ability to gather relevant information from the customer and pass it to the level two technician so it can be entered into the work order
ability to take the work order prepared by the level two technician and try to resolve the problem
8. Which statement best describes a call center?
It is a place to provide computer support to customers.*
It is a busy, fast-paced work environment that documents computer problems after they have been repaired by technicians.
It is a help desk used by customers to make an appointment to report their computer problems.
It is a help desk environment where the customers go with their computers to have them fixed.
9. Which two data storage locations contain persistent data that can be used by computer forensics specialists? (Choose two.)
hard disk drives*
solid state drives*
10. What is considered good communication practice for a technician to use when a customer is explaining a computer problem?
Do not waste time listening to the user.
Ask occasional questions to clarify some points.*
When the customer is speaking, interrupt frequently to clarify each point.
Have the customer realize that the problem is unimportant.
11. As a technician, which method should be used with a talkative customer on a phone call?
Place the customer on hold or transfer the call.
Ask as many open-ended questions as needed after regaining control of the conversation.
Use industry jargon to show understanding of computer technology.
Sympathize with the customer regarding the problem.
Politely interrupt the customer to take control of the conversation.*
12. What name is given to a certain set of general rules that apply to written communication over the Internet?
13. What are two sections that are usually included in an SLA? (Choose two.)
service provider part suppliers
time of service availability*
supported equipment and software*
home contact information of the technician
contact information of other clients
14. What does it mean when a technician receives a “down” call?
a call that is simpler to solve
a call that has the maximum response time exceeded
a call between a technician and a customer that was interrupted abruptly
a call where a significant part of the IT infrastructure is down, affecting the ability of the company to do business*
15. A technician has copied several commercial movies to a company server to be shared with colleagues. How would this behavior be classified?
ethically wrong but legal
ethically wrong and illegal*
illegal but ethical