Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
IT-Essentials v6.0 Chapter 12 Practice Quiz Answers
1. Which action could be used to determine if a host is compromised and flooding traffic onto the network?
Unseat and then reconnect the hard drive connectors on the host.
Disconnect the host from the network.*
Check the host hard drive for errors and file system issues.
Examine the Device Manager on the host for device conflicts.
2. Which security threat installs on a computer without the knowledge of the user and then monitors computer activity?
3. When would a PC repair person want to deploy the idle timeout feature?
when users are inserting media and running applications not sanctioned by the company
when users are leaving their desk but remaining logged on*
when users are playing music CDs and leaving them playing even after the users have left for the day
when users are surfing the Internet and not doing their job
4. Which is an example of social engineering?
a computer displaying unauthorized pop-ups and adware
the infection of a computer by a virus carried by a Trojan
an anonymous programmer directing a DDoS attack on a data center
an unidentified person claiming to be a technician collecting user information from employees*
5. What is the best description of Trojan horse malware?
It is the most easily detected form of malware.
It is malware that can only be distributed over the Internet.
It is software that causes annoying but not fatal computer problems.
It appears as useful software but hides malicious code.*
6. A technician discovers that an employee has attached an unauthorized wireless router to the company network so that the employee can get Wi-Fi coverage while outside taking a break. The technician immediately reports this to a supervisor. What are two actions that the company should take in response to this situation? (Choose two.)
Create a guest account for the employee to use when outside the building.
Add an authorized wireless access point to the network to extend coverage for the employee.
Make sure that the wireless router is not broadcasting an SSID.
Immediately remove the device from the network.*
Consult the company security policy to decide on actions to take against the employee.*
7. Which level of Windows security permission is required for a local user to backup files from another user?
8. Where in Windows would a technician configure a guest account for a temporary employee?
Local Users and Groups*
9. What must be done to ensure that the antivirus software on a computer is able to detect and eradicate the most recent viruses?
Download the latest signature files on a regular basis.*
Schedule a scan once a week.
Schedule antivirus updates using Windows Task Manager.
Follow the firewall configuration guidelines on the antivirus manufacturer website.
10. For security reasons a network administrator needs to ensure that local computers cannot ping each other. Which settings can accomplish this task?
MAC address settings
file system settings
11. A computer can successfully ping outside the local network, but cannot access any World Wide Web services. What is the most probable cause of this problem?
Windows Firewall is blocking port 80.*
Windows Firewall blocks port 23 by default.
The computer network interface card is faulty.
The BIOS or CMOS settings are blocking web access.
12. What security technique could provide secure access to a server located in a small office without the expense of implementing a DMZ or purchasing a hardware firewall?
implement hash encoding for all wireless devices
implement MAC address filtering
implement port forwarding*
implement basic security on all wireless access points
13. What is an example of the implementation of physical security?
establishing personal firewalls on each computer
encrypting all sensitive data that is stored on the servers
requiring employees to use a card key when entering a secure area*
ensuring that all operating system and antivirus software is up to date
14. Which three rules increase the level of password strength? (Choose three.)
Passwords should never expire.
Passwords should be a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters*
Passwords should combine user special dates and initials so that they can be alphanumeric.
Passwords should be changed by the user after specific periods of time.*
Password reuse and lockout policies should be implemented.*
Passwords should be short to reduce the chances of users forgetting them.
15. When a support technician is troubleshooting a security issue on a system, which action should the technician take just before documenting the findings and closing the ticket?
Boot the system in Safe Mode.
Disconnect the system from the network.
Ensure that all applications are working.*
Ask what the problem is that the customer is experiencing.