Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
IT-Essentials v6.0 Chapter 1 Practice Quiz Answers
1. A network administrator currently has three servers and needs to add a fourth, but does not have enough room for an additional monitor and keyboard. Which device allows the administrator to connect all the servers to a single monitor and keyboard?
touch screen monitor
2. What is a characteristic of thin clients?
They perform all processing tasks internally.
They require large amounts of fast RAM.
They require a network connection to access storage and processor resources.*
They are able to run multiple operating systems simultaneously.
3. Which adapter card in a PC would provide data fault tolerance?
4. What unit is used to measure the amount of resistance to the flow of current in a circuit?
5. Which two software interfaces allow adjustment of the CPU voltage? (Choose two.)
Control Panel, Device Manager
Control Panel, Power settings
Control Panel, System settings
6. Which three devices are considered output devices? (Choose three.)
7. What type of memory is integrated directly into the CPU chip to provide fast access to data?
8. Which two pieces of information are needed before selecting a power supply? (Choose two.)
the voltage requirements of peripheral devices
the form factor of the case*
the type of CPU
the total wattage of all components*
the installed operating system
9. When a computer is being built, which three components must have the same form factor? (Choose three.)
10. Fill in the blank.
A user has a new computer with only a USB port. The user will need a USB to Ethernet __adapter__ to connect to the office wired LAN.
Noted: You can write one of 3 following: “adapter“, “adaptor“, “converter“.
11. Fill in the blank.
Servers and high-end workstations commonly use __buffered__ memory, which is specialized memory as it has additional circuitry to manage large amounts of RAM.
Noted: You can write one of 3 following: “buffered“, “buferred“, “bufered“.
12. Which term refers to the technique of increasing the speed of a processor from the specified value of its manufacturer?
13. Which hardware upgrade would allow the processor in a gaming PC to provide the optimal gaming performance?
a fast EIDE drive
large amounts of fast RAM*
a high capacity external hard drive
14. A customer has requested that a PC be built that will support eSATA. Which component should be checked to be sure that this feature is supported?
15. What danger is posed to a technician by opening a power supply even after it has been unplugged for an extended period of time?
shock from stored high voltaje*
exposure to heavy metals
poisoning from toxic fumes
burns from hot components