Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
1. Which network device makes forwarding decisions based on the destination MAC address that is contained in the frame?
2. A customer is considering a multipurpose device to create a home network. Which three devices are usually integrated into a multipurpose network device? (Choose three.)
wireless access point*
3. Which technology would be recommended for a business that requires workers to access the Internet while visiting customers at many different locations?
4. When is a dial-up connection used to connect to an Internet provider?
when a high-speed connection is provided over a cable TV network
when a digital connection is provided using ISDN
when a regular telephone line is used*
when a cellular telephone provides the service
5. Which type of connection to the Internet is capable of the fastest transfer rates?
6. Which statement describes the logical topology for a LAN?
It describes how computers access the LAN medium.*
It depicts the locations of main routers and switches in a LAN.
It lists the number of computers, routers, and switches on the LAN.
It defines how computers connect to a LAN.
7. ABC Company requires preventive maintenance for all local network cabling once a year. Which task should be included in the preventive maintenance program?
Replace all labeling on the cables.
Replace all cable supports to prevent loose attachment points.
Disconnect and reconnect all patch cables.
Inspect all patch cables for breaks.*
8. What is an example of network maintenance?
immediately turning off a network device if the network device is making an unusual sound
educating users on IT policies and procedures*
using cable supports to identify the devices to which the cables are connected
not doing preventive maintenance regularly if the maintenance interrupts network activity
9. A technician is troubleshooting a problem where the user claims access to the Internet is not working, but there was access to the Internet the day before. Upon investigation, the technician determines that the user cannot access the network printer in the office either. The network printer is on the same network as the computer. The computer has 169.254.100.88 assigned as an IP address. What is the most likely problem?
The router that connects this network to other networks is down.
The network interface card driver needs to be updated.
The IP default gateway on the computer is incorrect.
The computer cannot communicate with a DHCP server.*
10. Which technology is most often used to connect devices to a PAN?
IEEE 802.11n wireless
fiber optic cabling
11. Which three layers of the OSI model map to the application layer of the TCP/IP model? (Choose three.)
12. A device has an IPv6 address listed as 2001:0DB8:75a3:0214:0607:1234:aa10:ba01. What is the interface ID of the device?
13. What is a characteristic of the UDP protocol?
end-to-end establishment before delivery
14. What would be a disadvantage of configuring a wireless router or access point to operate only in accordance with the 802.11g protocol standard?
802.11a wireless devices will not be able to connect to the wireless network.*
The 802.11g standard does not support static IP addressing.
The 802.11g standard does not support advanced network security features.
Using only 802.11g will cause multiple SSIDs to be broadcast.
15. What is the maximum segment length that is specified by the 1000BASE-T standard?
1640 ft (500 m)
984 ft (300 m)
328 ft (100 m)*
3280 ft (1000 m)
607 ft (185 m)
16. Which two characteristics describe Ethernet technology? (Choose two.)
It is supported by IEEE 802.3 standards.*
It is supported by IEEE 802.5 standards.
It typically uses an average of 16 Mb/s for data transfer rates.
It uses a ring topology.
It uses the CSMA/CD access control method.*
17. Which three factors are reasons for a company to choose a client/server model for a network instead of peer-to-peer? (Choose three.)
The company network requires secure access to confidential information.*
Each user understands how to safely share files across a network.
All employees passed a strict background check as part of the corporate hiring practices.
The data gathered by the employees is critical and should be backed up on a regular basis.*
The network is small with fewer than eight users.
The users need a central database to store inventory and sales information.*
18. What benefit is provided by a computer data network?
19. When would a printer be considered a network host?
when it is connected to a workstation
when it is connected to a laptop
when it is connected to a switch*
when it is connected to a PC
20. A user can print to a printer that is on the same network, but the traffic of the user cannot reach the Internet. What is a possible cause of the problem?
The PC default gateway address is missing or incorrect.*
The NIC on the PC is faulty.
The PC has an incorrect IP address.
The network cable connected to the user PC is faulty.
21. What is identified by the 100 in the 100BASE-TX standard?
the maximum cable distance in meters
the series number of the standard
the maximum number of network nodes
the maximum bandwidth in Mb/s*
22. A user installs a new gigabit NIC in a PC. The user notices that the data transfer rate is much slower than expected. What should the user do to fix the problem?
Change the NIC duplex setting from half duplex to full duplex.*
Disable sleep mode.
Disable hibernation mode.
Change the value assigned to the NIC wake-on-LAN setting.
23. A company adds a few refurbished computers to a network. The company finds, however, that the refurbished computers perform significantly worse than the original networked computers do. The original computers performed much faster with applications that required the transfer of data over the network. What should the company technicians do?
Check if the refurbished computers are using a VPN.
Check if the network interface cards in the refurbished computers are limited to 10 Mb/s.*
Check if subnet mask is correct.
Check if the gateway address is correct.
24. A user notices that the data transfer rate for the gigabit NIC in the user computer is much slower than expected. What is a possible cause for the problem?
The NIC is configured to use both IPv4 and IPv6 at the same time.
The NIC duplex settings have somehow been set to half-duplex.*
The NIC wake-on-LAN setting is misconfigured.
Hibernation mode is causing the NIC to shutdown unexpectedly.