Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
1. A user notices that the data transfer rate for the gigabit NIC in the user computer is much slower than expected. What is a possible cause for the problem?
The NIC duplex settings have somehow been set to half-duplex.*
The NIC wake-on-LAN setting is misconfigured.
Hibernation mode is causing the NIC to shutdown unexpectedly.
The NIC is configured to use both IPv4 and IPv6 at the same time.
2. Two LEDs are usually present on a NIC. What are the two primary uses for these LEDs? (Choose two.)
to indicate the presence of a connection*
to indicate interference from another nearby wireless or electronic device
to indicate that the NIC has connected to a DHCP server
to indicate that the NIC is connected to a homegroup or workgroup
to indicate that data transfer activity is present*
3. What is the purpose of the network profiles that are used to establish a new network connection on a Windows PC?
to configure NIC settings for the fastest network available
to remove the need for IP addresses when connecting to a network
to provide a list of ISPs that may be used for Internet access
to provide an easy way to configure or apply network functions based on the type of network to be joined*
4. A wireless router is displaying the IP address of 192.168.0.1. What could this mean?
The NAT function is not working on the wireless router.
The wireless router still has the factory default IP address.*
Dynamic IP address allocation has been configured on the router and is functioning correctly.
The wireless router has been configured to use the frequencies on channel 1.
5. A technician is configuring the channel on a wireless router to either 1, 6, or 11. What is the purpose of adjusting the channel?
to disable broadcasting of the SSID
to enable different 802.11 standards
to provide stronger security modes
to avoid interference from nearby wireless devices*
6. Which combination of user account and network location profile allows a user to become a member of a homegroup?
an admin account with a network location profile of Work
a guest account with a network location profile of Home
an admin user account with a network location of Public
a standard user account with a network location profile of Home*
7. A business traveler connects to a wireless network with open authentication. What should the traveler do to secure confidential data when connecting to the business services?
Connect with a VPN.*
Change the network location profile to public.
Change the Windows firewall settings.
Manually configure an IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway.
8. A technician has been asked to configure a broadband connection for a teleworker. The technician has been instructed that all uploads and downloads for the connection must use existing phone lines. Which broadband technology should be used?
9. Which type of connection to the Internet is capable of the fastest transfer rates?
10. Which technology would be recommended for a business that requires workers to access the Internet while visiting customers at many different locations?
11. A small company is considering moving many of its data center functions to the cloud. What are three advantages of this plan? (Choose three.)
The company only needs to pay for the amount of processing and storage capacity that it uses.*
Cloud services are billed at a fixed fee no matter how much processing and storage are used by the company.
Cloud services enable the company to own and administer its own servers and storage devices.
The company can increase processing and storage capacity as needed and then decrease capacity when it is no longer needed.*
Single-tenant data centers can easily grow to accommodate increasing data storage requirements.
As the amount of data that the company uses increases, it becomes impractical for the data to be stored and processed in a single-tenant data center.*
12. Which Cloud computing service would be best for an organization that does not have the technical knowledge to host and maintain applications at their local site?
13. A network client in a corporate environment reboots. Which type of server would most likely be used first?
14. What is a common function of a proxy server?
to store frequently accessed web pages on the internal network*
to control who is permitted to access the internal network
to detect malicious signatures by monitoring traffic that is entering the internal network
to provide access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources
15. ABC Company requires preventive maintenance for all local network cabling once a year. Which task should be included in the preventive maintenance program?
Disconnect and reconnect all patch cables.
Inspect all patch cables for breaks.*
Replace all labeling on the cables.
Replace all cable supports to prevent loose attachment points.
16. What is a benefit of performing preventative maintenance at regular intervals?
reduction in network downtime*
reduction in connectivity
reduction in security threats
reduction in EMI and RFI
17. A user cannot access the network. While the technician is checking the computer, the other users on the same network report that they are having the same problem. Further investigation shows that the LED lights on each NIC are not lit. What should the technician do next?
Check each computer to verify that they all have the same settings.
Report the problem to the network administrator.*
Attempt to ping devices on other networks.
Use nslookup to check network connectivity.
18. A user can print to a printer that is on the same network, but the traffic of the user cannot reach the Internet. What is a possible cause of the problem?
The PC default gateway address is missing or incorrect.*
The PC has an incorrect IP address.
The network cable connected to the user PC is faulty.
The NIC on the PC is faulty.
19. A technician is investigating a report that a computer is unable to access network resources. The technician discovers that the computer has an IP address of 169.254.27.168. What is a logical first step in diagnosing this problem?
Attempt to ping the default gateway.
Check the NIC LED lights.*
Test that DNS is operating correctly.
Activate Network Discovery and File Sharing.
20. A Windows 7 computer is unable to reach a mapped drive on a file server that is on another network within the organization. Further investigation shows that the user is able to use a printer that is connected to the same network as the computer. Which action should the technician perform next?
Verify that DNS name resolution is operating properly.
Inspect the network patch cable for wear or breaks.
Check Network Connection Details in the Windows GUI for the appropriate network connection.*
Check the link LED on the NIC.
21. A user has taken a personal laptop to work. The laptop is unable to discover the name of the office wireless network. What are two potential causes of this problem? (Choose two.)
The wireless router is not broadcasting the SSID.*
The laptop has not received an IP address from the wireless router.
The wireless router is set to mixed mode.
The network does not support the wireless protocol in use by the laptop.*
The laptop must be configured with the office workgroup name.
22. A network technician attempts to ping www.example.net from a customer computer, but the ping fails. Access to mapped network drives and a shared printer are working correctly. What are two potential causes for this problem? (Choose two.)
The Windows domain or workgroup name that is configured on the computer is incorrect.
The target web server is down.
The computer has been assigned a static IP address.
DNS service is unavailable on the customer network.*
The HTTP protocol is not working properly on the target server.
23. A technician uses the nbtstat -A 192.168.0.3 command. What does the technician expect to view in the command output?
current connections and statistics*
network adapter configuration information
a list of routers within the traffic path
computer accounts and domain specific information
24. Fill in the blank.
What is the acronym for the protocol that is used when securely communicating with a web server?
25. Match the definition to the of cloud.