Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
1. How many devices can a Bluetooth device connect to simultaneously?
2. A device has an IPv6 address of 2001:0DB8:75a3:0214:0607:1234:aa10:ba01 /64. What is the host identifier of the device?
3. Which layer of the OSI model is responsible for logical addressing and routing?
4. When would a printer be considered a network host?
when it is connected to a switch*
when it is connected to a workstation
when it is connected to a laptop
when it is connected to a PC
5. Which device provides wireless connectivity to users as its primary function?
6. Which technology is most often used to connect devices to a PAN?
fiber optic cabling
IEEE 802.11n wireless
7. Which three factors are reasons for a company to choose a client/server model for a network instead of peer-to-peer? (Choose three.)
The network is small with fewer than eight users.
The company network requires secure access to confidential information.*
The users need a central database to store inventory and sales information.*
Each user understands how to safely share files across a network.
The data gathered by the employees is critical and should be backed up on a regular basis.*
All employees passed a strict background check as part of the corporate hiring practices.
8. What is a characteristic of a WAN?
It connects multiple networks that are geographically separated.*
It spans across a campus or city to enable sharing of regional resources.
It is typically owned and managed by a single home or business.
It requires a wireless access point to connect users to the network.
9. Which three layers of the OSI model map to the application layer of the TCP/IP model? (Choose three.)
10. What is the correct order of the layers of the TCP/IP model from the top layer to the bottom?
application, session, network, data link, physical
application, internet, network access, transport
network access, transport, internet, application
application, transport, internet, network access*
11. What TCP/IP model layer is responsible for MAC addressing?
12. What PDU is associated with the network layer of the OSI model?
13. Which two layers of the OSI model correspond to the functions of the TCP/IP model network access layer? (Choose two.)
14. What is identified by the 100 in the 100BASE-TX standard?
the maximum bandwidth in Mb/s*
the maximum cable distance in meters
the maximum number of network nodes
the series number of the standard
15. Which two characteristics describe Ethernet technology? (Choose two.)
It is supported by IEEE 802.3 standards.*
It is supported by IEEE 802.5 standards.
It typically uses an average of 16 Mb/s for data transfer rates.
It uses the CSMA/CD access control method.*
It uses a ring topology.
16. Which IEEE standard operates at wireless frequencies in both the 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz ranges?
17. A customer is considering a multipurpose device to create a home network. Which three devices are usually integrated into a multipurpose network device? (Choose three.)
wireless access point*
18. Which network device makes forwarding decisions based on the destination MAC address that is contained in the frame?
19. Fill in the blank.
A router uses IP addresses to forward traffic from one network to other networks.
20. A network specialist has been hired to install a network in a company that assembles airplane engines. Because of the nature of the business, the area is highly affected by electromagnetic interference. Which type of network media should be recommended so that the data communication will not be affected by EMI?
21. Which term describes a type of coaxial cable?
22. Which pairs of wires change termination order between the 568A and 568B standards?
green and orange*
green and brown
blue and brown
brown and orange
23. Which two types of signal interference are reduced more by STP than by UTP? (Choose two.)
24. How many host addresses are available on a network with a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0?
25. A technician is troubleshooting a problem where the user claims access to the Internet is not working, but there was access to the Internet the day before. Upon investigation, the technician determines that the user cannot access the network printer in the office either. The network printer is on the same network as the computer. The computer has 169.254.100.88 assigned as an IP address. What is the most likely problem?
The computer cannot communicate with a DHCP server.*
The IP default gateway on the computer is incorrect.
The network interface card driver needs to be updated.
The router that connects this network to other networks is down.
26. What is a characteristic of the UDP protocol?
end-to-end establishment before delivery