Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
1. A new technician has joined the IT team and is about to service a heavy printer. What advice would you give this technician to avoid any injury when transporting the heavy printer to the service area?
Bend your knees to use the strength in your legs to lift the printer.*
Avoid bending your knees when lifting the printer.
Bend your back to pick the printer up.
Use your arms and back to lift the printer.
2. How does an inline UPS protect computer equipment against electrical power brownouts and blackouts?
by grounding excess electrical voltage
by using a battery to supply a constant level of voltage*
by switching from main power to a standby power source
by stopping the flow of voltage to the computer
3. Which circumstance increases the likelihood of ESD damage to a computer?
working in low levels of humidity*
using a magnetic screwdriver while working on a hard drive
plugging a printer into an UPS
self grounding against the computer case
4. Which condition refers to a reduced voltage level of AC power that lasts for an extended period of time?
5. What are two significant sources of EMI? (Choose two.)
6. A technician is unpacking a new PCIe video adapter from an antistatic bag to install the card in a desktop computer. Which two measures should the technician use to protect the card and other computer components? (Choose two.)
Use a grounded mat on the workbench.*
Use a correctly connected antistatic wrist strap.*
Shield the card and computer from sources of EMI.
Ensure that the workplace has a low humidity environment.
Connect the computer to a UPS while installing the card.
7. How should a technician dispose of an empty inkjet printer cartridge?
Throw it away.
Follow local regulations for disposal.*
Give it back to the customer.
8. What makes CRT monitor disposal dangerous for a technician who is handling the disposal?
potential breathing hazards
potential explosive materials
potential residual high voltage*
potential health-damaging chemicals
9. A technician is troubleshooting connectivity issues to a PC and needs to verify which cable is plugged into the correct port of the patch panel. What tool should the technician use?
10. Which tool is designed to loosen or tighten crosshead screws?
flat head screwdriver
11. What tool would a technician use to remove a slotted screw?
flat head screwdriver*
Phillips head screwdriver
12. Which tool in Windows OS gives a technician access to initialize disks and create partitions?
13. Which Windows OS tool scans the critical files of the operating system and replaces any files that have been corrupted?
System File Checker*
14. Which tool should be used if a user needs to optimize space on a hard drive?
15. Why is documentation of all services and repairs an important organizational tool for a technician?
It increases the cost of services and repairs.
It allows the public sharing of information on the Internet.
It reduces the technical skills required of new technicians.
It provides reference material for similar problems when they are encountered in the future.*
16. Which tool could potentially cause data loss on hard disk or floppy drives?
a magnetic screwdriver*
a lead pencil
a computer vacuum cleaner
17. Why should an antistatic wrist strap be worn when working on electronic equipment?
to prevent interference from clothing and loose jewelry
to equalize the electrical charge between a person and the equipment*
to prevent clothing made of silk, polyester, or wool from generating a static charge
to draw static electricity away from a component and transfer it safely from equipment to a grounding point
18. Which precaution should be taken when working inside computer systems?
Avoid using magnetized tools.*
Leave the power cord attached to an outlet for grounding.
Wear ESD protection to repair monitors in humid environments.
Avoid using ESD wrist straps and ESD mats simultaneously.
19. Which cleaning solution is recommended to clean the contacts of computer components?
glass cleaner with ammonia
water that is mixed with a small amount of dishwashing liquid
20. Why should a pencil never be used as a tool when working inside a computer?
Pencil lead is corrosive.
Pencil lead is conductive.*
A pencil can hold a static charge.
The lead in a pencil can induce current.
21. A technician suspects that a power supply is faulty. How can it be checked?
by checking the temperature of the power supply
by using a multimeter*
by taking apart the power supply
by powering up the PC after disconnecting each connector in turn
22. Match the steps of fire extinguisher operation to the order in which they should be completed. (Not all options are used.)