Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cybersecurity Essentials v1.1 Chapter 4 Quiz Answers
1. What is the name of the method in which letters are rearranged to create the ciphertext?
2. Which 128-bit block cipher encryption algorithm does the US government use to protect classified information?
3. Which term describes the technology that protects software from unauthorized access or modification?
4. Which three devices represent examples of physical access controls? (Choose three.)
5. What term is used to describe the technology that replaces sensitive information with a nonsensitive version?
6. Which type of cipher is able to encrypt a fixed-length block of plaintext into a 128-bit block of ciphertext at any one time?
7. What encryption algorithm uses the same pre-shared key to encrypt and decrypt data?
8. What type of cipher encrypts plaintext one byte or one bit at a time?
9. What cryptographic algorithm is used by the NSA and includes the use of elliptical curves for digital signature generation and key exchange?
10. What is the term used to describe the science of making and breaking secret codes?
11. Which three processes are examples of logical access controls? (Choose three.)
guards to monitor security screens
firewalls to monitor traffic*
swipe cards to allow access to a restricted area
fences to protect the perimeter of a building
intrusion detection system (IDS) to watch for suspicious network activity*
biometrics to validate physical characteristics*
12. What term is used to describe concealing data in another file such as a graphic, audio, or other text file?
13. What are three examples of administrative access controls? (Choose three.)
intrusion detection system (IDS)
policies and procedures*
14. Which three protocols use asymmetric key algorithms? (Choose three.)
Secure Shell (SSH)*
Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
Pretty Good Privacy (PGP)*
Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)*
15. A warning banner that lists the negative outcomes of breaking company policy is displayed each time a computer user logs in to the machine. What type of access control is implemented?
16. Which two terms are used to describe cipher keys? (Choose two.)
17. Match the type of multifactor authentication with the description.
a security key fob ————> something you have
a fingerprint scan ————> something you are
a password ————> something you know
18. Match the description with the correct term. (Not all targets are used.)
steganography —————> hiding data within an audio file
steganalysis ——————> discovering that hidden information exists within a graphic file
social steganography ——–> creating a message that says one thing but means something else to a specific audience
obfuscation ——————> making a message confusing so it is harder to understand
Other Incorrect Match Options:
replacing sensitive information in a file with nonsensitive information
19. Which asymmetric algorithm provides an electronic key exchange method to share the secret key?
20. What encryption algorithm uses one key to encrypt data and a different key to decrypt data?