Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cybersecurity Essentials v1.1 Chapter 3 Quiz Answers
1. What is a vulnerability that allows criminals to inject scripts into web pages viewed by users?
2. What type of attack targets an SQL database using the input field of a user?
3. Which two reasons describe why WEP is a weak protocol? (Choose two.)
WEP uses the same encryption features as Bluetooth.
Everyone on the network uses a different key.
The key is static and repeats on a congested network.*
The default settings cannot be modified.
The key is transmitted in clear text.*
4. What is the difference between a virus and a worm?
Viruses hide in legitimate programs but worms do not.
Worms self-replicate but viruses do not.*
Viruses self-replicate but worms do not.
Worms require a host file but viruses do not.
5. A criminal is using software to obtain information about the computer of a user. What is the name of this type of software?
6. What is the meaning of the term logic bomb?
a malicious worm
a malicious program that uses a trigger to awaken the malicious code*
a malicious virus
a malicious program that hides itself in a legitimate program
7. What is the term used when a malicious party sends a fraudulent email disguised as being from a legitimate, trusted source?
8. What are two ways to protect a computer from malware? (Choose two.)
Empty the browser cache.
Use antivirus software.*
Delete unused software.
Keep software up to date.*
Defragment the hard disk.
9. What occurs on a computer when data goes beyond the limits of a buffer?
a buffer overflow*
a system exception
an SQL injection
10. What is the term used to describe an email that is targeting a specific person employed at a financial institution?
11. An attacker is sitting in front of a store and wirelessly copies emails and contact lists from nearby unsuspecting user devices. What type of attack is this?
12. What are two of the tactics used by a social engineer to obtain personal information from an unsuspecting target? (Choose two.)
13. What are two common indicators of spam mail? (Choose two.)
The email has keywords in it.
The email has misspelled words or punctuation errors or both.*
The email is from your supervisor.
The email is from a friend.
The email has no subject line.*
The email has an attachment that is a receipt for a recent purchase.
14. Which term describes the sending of a short deceptive SMS message used to trick a target into visiting a website?
15. A computer is presenting a user with a screen requesting payment before the user data is allowed to be accessed by the same user. What type of malware is this?
a type of logic bomb
a type of virus
a type of worm
a type of ransomware*
16. What is the name for the type of software that generates revenue by generating annoying pop-ups?
17. What does a rootkit modify?
18. What is the name given to a program or program code that bypasses normal authentication?