CCNA3 v6.0 Chapter 1 Exam Answers 100%
CCNA3 Scaling Networks v6.0 Chapter 1 Exam Answers 100%
1. What are two expected features of modern enterprise networks? (Choose two.)
support for limited growth
support for critical applications*
support for distributed administrative control
support for 90 percent reliability
support for converged network traffic*
2. What network design would contain the scope of disruptions on a network should a failure occur?
the installation of only enterprise class equipment throughout the network
the configuration of all access layer devices to share a single gateway
the reduction in the number of redundant devices and connections in the network core
the deployment of distribution layer switches in pairs and the division of access layer switch connections between them*
3. Which action should be taken when planning for redundancy on a hierarchical network design?
immediately replace a non-functioning module, service or device on a network
continually purchase backup equipment for the network
implement STP portfast between the switches on the network
add alternate physical paths for data to traverse the network*
4. Refer to the exhibit.
Which devices exist in the failure domain when switch S3 loses power?
CCNA2 v6.0 Chapter 1 Exam 002
S4 and PC_2
PC_3 and AP_2*
AP_2 and AP_1
PC_3 and PC_2
S1 and S4
5. Which design feature will limit the size of a failure domain in an enterprise network?
the use of a collapsed core design
the use of the building switch block approach*
the installation of redundant power supplies
the purchase of enterprise equipment that is designed for large traffic volume
6. A network administrator is planning redundant devices and cabling in a switched network to support high availability. Which benefit will implementing the Spanning Tree Protocol provide to this design?
Multiple physical interfaces can be combined into a single EtherChannel interface.
Redundant paths can be available without causing logical Layer 2 loops.*
Network access can be expanded to support both wired and wireless devices.
Faster convergence is available for advanced routing protocols.
7. What are two benefits of extending access layer connectivity to users through a wireless medium? (Choose two.)
decreased number of critical points of failure
increased bandwidth availability
increased network management options
8. Which two features of enterprise class equipment assists an enterprise network in maintaining 99.999 percent up-time? (Choose two.)
redundant power supplies*
9. What capability is provided by the use of application-specific integrated circuits in Cisco multilayer switches?
aggregating physical ports into a single logical interface
protecting data traffic in the event of a failed circuit
forwarding of IP packets independent of the CPU*
providing user authentication and authorization
10. Which statement describes a characteristic of Cisco Meraki switches?
They promote infrastructure scalability, operational continuity, and transport flexibility.
They are cloud-managed access switches that enable virtual stacking of switches.*
They are campus LAN switches that perform the same functions as Cisco 2960 switches.
They are service provider switches that aggregate traffic at the edge of the network.
11. In which situation would a network administrator install a Cisco Nexus Series or Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series switch to promote infrastructure scalability?
to enable virtual stacking of switches to provide cloud-managed access
on a service provider network to promote integrated security, and simplified management
on a data center network to provide expansion and transport flexibility*
on a campus LAN network as access layer switches
12. Which statement describes a characteristic of Cisco Catalyst 2960 switches?
They do not support an active switched virtual interface (SVI) with IOS versions prior to 15.x.
They are best used as distribution layer switches.
They are modular switches.
New Cisco Catalyst 2960-C switches support PoE pass-through.*
13. What are three access layer switch features that are considered when designing a network? (Choose three.)
broadcast traffic containment
Power over Ethernet*
speed of convergence
14. What are two functions of a router? (Choose two.)
It connects multiple IP networks.*
It controls the flow of data via the use of Layer 2 addresses.
It determines the best path to send packets.*
It manages the VLAN database.
It increases the size of the broadcast domain.
15. A network engineer is reviewing a network design that uses a fixed configuration enterprise router that supports both LAN and WAN connections. However, the engineer realizes that the router does not have enough interfaces to support growth and network expansion. Which type of device should be used as a replacement?
a Layer 3 switch
a modular router*
a PoE device
another fixed configuration router
16. When a Cisco IOS device is being selected or upgraded, which option indicates the capabilities of the Cisco IOS device?
17. Immediately after a router completes its boot sequence, the network administrator wants to check the routers configuration. From privileged EXEC mode, which of the following commands can the administrator use for this purpose? (Choose two.)
18. Refer to the exhibit.
Which command was issued on a Cisco switch that resulted in the exhibited output?
CCNA2 v6.0 Chapter 1 Exam 001
show vlan brief
show port-security address*
show vlan summary
19. What is a characteristic of in-band device management?
It uses a terminal emulation client.
It is used for initial configuration or when a network connection is unavailable.
It uses a direct connection to a console or AUX port.
It is used to monitor and make configuration changes to a network device over a network connection.*
20. Which two requirements must always be met to use in-band management to configure a network device? (Choose two.)
a direct connection to the console port
a direct connection to the auxiliary port
a terminal emulation client
at least one network interface that is connected and operational*
Telnet, SSH, or HTTP access to the device*
21. Which type of information is displayed by the show ip protocols command that is issued from a router command prompt?
the configured routing protocols and the networks that the router is advertising*
interfaces with line (protocol) status and I/O statistics
interface information, including whether an ACL is enabled on the interface
the routed protocol that is enabled and the protocol status of interfaces
22. A network technician needs to connect a PC to a Cisco network device for initial configuration. What is required to perform this device configuration?
at least one operational network interface on the Cisco device
terminal emulation client*
23. Match the purpose to the related configuration item. (Not all options are used.)