Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
1. What method can be used by two computers to ensure that packets are not dropped because too much data is being sent too quickly?
2. What type of communication will send a message to all devices on a local area network?
3. What process is used to place one message inside another message for transfer from the source to the destination?
4. A web client is sending a request for a webpage to a web server. From the perspective of the client, what is the correct order of the protocol stack that is used to prepare the request for transmission?
HTTP, IP, TCP, Ethernet
HTTP, TCP, IP, Ethernet*
Ethernet, TCP, IP, HTTP
Ethernet, IP, TCP, HTTP
5. Which statement is correct about network protocols?
Network protocols define the type of hardware that is used and how it is mounted in racks.
They define how messages are exchanged between the source and the destination.*
They all function in the network access layer of TCP/IP.
They are only required for exchange of messages between devices on remote networks.
6. Which statement is true about the TCP/IP and OSI models?
The TCP/IP transport layer and OSI Layer 4 provide similar services and functions.*
The TCP/IP network access layer has similar functions to the OSI network layer.
The OSI Layer 7 and the TCP/IP application layer provide identical functions.
The first three OSI layers describe general services that are also provided by the TCP/IP internet layer.
7. What is an advantage of using standards to develop and implement protocols?
A particular protocol can only be implemented by one manufacturer.
Products from different manufacturers can interoperate successfully.*
Different manufacturers are free to apply different requirements when implementing a protocol.
Standards provide flexibility for manufacturers to create devices that comply with unique requirements.
8. What three application layer protocols are part of the TCP/IP protocol suite? (Choose three.)
9. What are proprietary protocols?
protocols developed by private organizations to operate on any vendor hardware
protocols that can be freely used by any organization or vendor
protocols developed by organizations who have control over their definition and operation*
a collection of protocols known as the TCP/IP protocol suite
10. What is an advantage of network devices using open standard protocols?
Network communications is confined to data transfers between devices from the same vendor.
A client host and a server running different operating systems can successfully exchange data.*
Internet access can be controlled by a single ISP in each market.
Competition and innovation are limited to specific types of products.
11. Refer to the exhibit. If Host1 were to transfer a file to the server, what layers of the TCP/IP model would be used?
only application and Internet layers
only Internet and network access layers
only application, Internet, and network access layers
application, transport, Internet, and network access layers*
only application, transport, network, data link, and physical layers
application, session, transport, network, data link, and physical layers
12. Which three layers of the OSI model are comparable in function to the application layer of the TCP/IP model? (Choose three.)
13. At which layer of the OSI model would a logical address be encapsulated?
data link layer
14. Which PDU format is used when bits are received from the network medium by the NIC of a host?
15. Which PDU is processed when a host computer is de-encapsulating a message at the transport layer of the TCP/IP model?
16. Refer to the exhibit. HostA is attempting to contact ServerB. Which two statements correctly describe the addressing that HostA will generate in the process? (Choose two.)
A packet with the destination IP address of RouterB.
A frame with the destination MAC address of SwitchA.
A packet with the destination IP address of RouterA.
A frame with the destination MAC address of RouterA.*
A packet with the destination IP address of ServerB.*
A frame with the destination MAC address of ServerB.
17. Which address does a NIC use when deciding whether to accept a frame?
source IP address
source MAC address
destination IP address
destination MAC address*
source Ethernet address
18. What will happen if the default gateway address is incorrectly configured on a host?
The host cannot communicate with other hosts in the local network.
The switch will not forward packets initiated by the host.
The host will have to use ARP to determine the correct address of the default gateway.
The host cannot communicate with hosts in other networks.*
A ping from the host to 127.0.0.1 would not be successful.
19. Which characteristic describes the default gateway of a host computer?
the logical address of the router interface on the same network as the host computer*
the physical address of the switch interface connected to the host computer
the physical address of the router interface on the same network as the host computer
the logical address assigned to the switch interface connected to the router
20. Match each description to its corresponding term. (Not all options are used.)
message encoding -> the process of converting information from one format into another acceptable for transmission
message encapsulation -> the process of placing one message format inside another message format
message sizing -> the process of breaking up a long message into individual pieces before being sent over the network
21. Match the protocol function to the description while taking into consideration that a network client is visiting a web site. (Not all options are used.)
governing the way a web server and a web client interact -> application protocol
talking the segments from the transport protocol, encapsulating them into packets, and assigning them with appropriate addresses -> internet protocol
preparing packets to be transmitted over the network media -> network access protocol
– not scored –
managing the individual conversation between web servers and web clients -> transport protocol
22. Match the description to the organization. (Not all options are used.)
ISOC -> The organization promotes the open development, evolution, and use of the internet throughout the world
ISO -> This organization is the largest developer of international standars in the world for a wide variety of products and services. It is know for its Open System Interconection (OSI) reference model.
IANA -> This organization is responsible for overseeing and managing IP address allocation, domain name management, and protocol identifiers