Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CCNA 3 Scaling Networks Chapter 4 v5 Exam Answers 2016
Launch PT Hide and Save PT
Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
What is the SSID of the connected network and which message is displayed in the browser window?
Message: Well done!
Message: Good job!
Message:Congratulations! You did it!
Message:Congratulations! You were able to connect it! *
A administrator wishes to extend the range of the existing IEEE 802.11n network without changing the AP. What can the administrator do to accomplish this?
Change to WPA2 authentication.
Deploy a Wi-Fi Range Extender.*
Split the wireless traffic between the 802.11n 2.4 GHz band and the 5 GHz band.
Upgrade the firmware on the AP.
3. Which security mode is the least secure choice when a home wireless router is configured?
4. Which two roles are typically performed by a wireless router that is used in a home or small business? (Choose two.)
RADIUS authentication server
5. Which organization certifies vendors for adherence to the 802.11 standards to improve interoperability of 802.11 products?
6. Which feature of 802.11n wireless access points allows them to transmit data at faster speeds than previous versions of 802.11 Wi-Fi standards did?
7. Which type of wireless topology is created when two or more Basic Service Sets are interconnected by Ethernet?
ad hoc WLAN
8. If three 802.11b access points need to be deployed in close proximity, which three frequency channels should be used? (Choose three.)
9. What type of wireless antenna is best suited for providing coverage in large open spaces, such as hallways or large conference rooms?
10. Which three Wi-Fi standards operate in the 2.4GHz range of frequencies? (Choose three.)
11. What is the purpose of the Distributed Coordination Function in an IEEE 802.11 WLAN environment?
It is used to send data over a half-duplex connection.
It is used in a full-duplex environment to detect collisions.
It allows a client to detect whether or not a channel is clear prior to transmission.*
It allows the client to change transmission channels.
12. An employee connects wirelessly to the company network using a cell phone. The employee then configures the cell phone to act as a wireless access point that will allow new employees to connect to the company network. Which type of security threat best describes this situation?
rogue access point*
denial of service
13. During which stage of establishing connectivity between a WLAN client and an AP does the client learn the MAC address of the AP?
14. Fill in the blank. Do not use abbreviations.
Ad hoc wireless topologies sometimes can use a feature called ” tethering ” to enable a smartphone to create a personal hotspot.
15. What is an advantage of SSID cloaking?
It is the best way to secure a wireless network.
Clients will have to manually identify the SSID to connect to the network.*
SSIDs are very difficult to discover because APs do not broadcast them.
It provides free Internet access in public locations where knowing the SSID is of no concern.
16. A student uses a laptop to upload an assignment to a file server. Which wireless frame type did the laptop send to locate and associate with the campus access point?
17. Which type of management frame may regularly be broadcast by an AP?
18. A company has recently implemented an 802.11n wireless network. Some users are complaining that the wireless network is too slow. Which solution is the best method to enhance the performance of the wireless network?
Disable DHCP on the access point and assign static addresses to the wireless clients.
Replace the wireless NICs on the computers that are experiencing slow connections.
Split the traffic between the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands.*
Upgrade the firmware on the wireless access point.
19. For which discovery mode will an AP generate the most traffic on a WLAN?
20. Which statement defines the control frame operation between two stations?
After receiving a data frame, the receiving station will send an ACK frame to the sending station if no errors are found.*
A station responds to an RTS frame with an ACK frame, thus providing permission for the requesting station to send a data frame.
If the sending station does not receive an ACK frame within a predetermined period of time, the sending station will drop the connection.
A station sends an RTS frame as the first step in a three-way handshake that is required before sending data frames.
21. What is a difference between Cisco APs that operate in a home environment and Cisco APs that operate in a corporate environment?
Some corporate AP models can operate in either autonomous mode or controller-based mode.*
Controller-based APs are used in the corporate environment, and they are server-dependent devices that require an initial configuration to operate.
Autonomous APs are used only in the home environment, and they incorporate the functions of a router, switch, and AP into one device.
Cisco corporate APs do not support PoE.
22. Match the type of attack to its description. (Not all options are used.)
Place the options in the following order:
– not scored –
MITM -> AN AP connected or enabled by an attacker to capture client data in transit.
spoofed disconnct DoS -> A series of cyclic dissasociate commands that causes all clients in the BSS to disconnect.
CTS flood DoS -> A repeated flood of the BSS with clear-to-send frames to a bogus client.
23. Place the following actions in the order in which they occur in a shared key authentication process. (Not all options are used.)
Place the options in the following order:
– not scored –
Step 2 -> The AP send a challenge text to the client.
Step 5 -> The AP authenticates the client.
Step 1 -> The client sends an authentication frame to the AP.
Step 3 -> The client encrypts the message.
– not scored –
Step 4 -> The AP decypts the message.
24. Fill in the blank. Use the acronym.
Which encryption protocol is used by the WPA2 shared key authentication technique?__AES__
25. A WLAN user wants to allocate an optimal amount of bandwidth to a specific online game. What is a Linksys Smart Wi-Fi tool that will allow the user to do this?
Media Prioritization *
26. Which parameter is commonly used to identify a wireless network name when a home wireless AP is being configured?
27. A supervisor needs wireless access in the construction office during the construction of a new building. The construction office is in the new building and directly across the road from headquarters. What could be used to satisfy this requirement of needing a narrow area of coverage?
multiple MIMO antennas
28. Which IEEE wireless standard is known as WiGig and operates using a tri-band solution in the 2.4, 5, and 60 GHz ranges?
29. Fill in the blank.
A network administrator discovers a rogue AP in the network. The rogue AP is capturing traffic and then forwarding it on to the legitimate AP. This type of attack is known as a __man in the middle__attack.