CCNA2 v6.0 Chapter 10 Exam Answers 2017
1. A ping fails when performed from router R1 to directly connected router R2. The network administrator then proceeds to issue the show cdp neighbors command. Why would the network administrator issue this command if the ping failed between the two routers?
The network administrator suspects a virus because the ping command did not work.
The network administrator wants to verify Layer 2 connectivity.*
The network administrator wants to verify the IP address configured on router R2.
The network administrator wants to determine if connectivity can be established from a non-directly connected network.
2. Which statement is true about CDP on a Cisco device?
The show cdp neighbor detail command will reveal the IP address of a neighbor only if there is Layer 3 connectivity.
To disable CDP globally, the no cdp enable command in interface configuration mode must be used.
CDP can be disabled globally or on a specific interface.*
Because it runs at the data link layer, the CDP protocol can only be implemented in switches.
3. Why would a network administrator issue the show cdp neigbors command on a router?
to display device ID and other information about directly connected Cisco devices*
to display router ID and other information about OSPF neighbors
to display line status and other information about directly connected Cisco devices
to display routing table and other information about directly connected Cisco devices
4. Refer to the exhibit. Routers R1 and R2 are connected via a serial link. One router is configured as the NTP master, and the other is an NTP client. Which two pieces of information can be obtained from the partial output of the show ntp associations detail command on R2? (Choose two.)
Both routers are configured to use NTPv2.
Router R1 is the master, and R2 is the client.*
Router R2 is the master, and R1 is the client.
The IP address of R1 is 192.168.1.2.*
The IP address of R2 is 192.168.1.2.
5. Which two statements are true about NTP servers in an enterprise network? (Choose two.)
There can only be one NTP server on an enterprise network.
All NTP servers synchronize directly to a stratum 1 time source.
NTP servers at stratum 1 are directly connected to an authoritative time source.*
NTP servers ensure an accurate time stamp on logging and debugging information.*
NTP servers control the mean time between failures (MTBF) for key network devices.
6. The command ntp server 10.1.1.1 is issued on a router. What impact does this command have?
determines which server to send system log files to
identifies the server on which to store backup configurations
ensures that all logging will have a time stamp associated with it
synchronizes the system clock with the time source with IP address 10.1.1.1*
7. Refer to the exhibit. Which two conclusions can be drawn from the syslog message that was generated by the router? (Choose two.)
This message resulted from an unusual error requiring reconfiguration of the interface.
This message indicates that the interface should be replaced.
This message is a level 5 notification message.*
This message indicates that service timestamps have been configured.*
This message indicates that the interface changed state five times.
8. Which protocol or service allows network administrators to receive system messages that are provided by network devices?
9. Which syslog message type is accessible only to an administrator and only via the Cisco CLI?
10. Refer to the exhibit. From what location have the syslog messages been retrieved?
11. Refer to the exhibit. What does the number 17:46:26.143 represent?
the time passed since the syslog server has been started
the time when the syslog message was issued*
the time passed since the interfaces have been up
the time on the router when the show logging command was issued
12. What is used as the default event logging destination for Cisco routers and switches?
13. A network administrator has issued the logging trap 4 global configuration mode command. What is the result of this command?
After four events, the syslog client will send an event message to the syslog server.
The syslog client will send to the syslog server any event message that has a severity level of 4 and higher.
The syslog client will send to the syslog server any event message that has a severity level of 4 and lower.*
The syslog client will send to the syslog server event messages with an identification trap level of only 4.
14. What is the major release number in the IOS image name c1900-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-3.T.bin?
15. What statement describes a Cisco IOS image with the &##8220;universalk9_npe” designation for Cisco ISR G2 routers?
It is an IOS version that can only be used in the United States of America.
It is an IOS version that provides only the IPBase feature set.
It is an IOS version that offers all of the Cisco IOS Software feature sets.
It is an IOS version that, at the request of some countries, removes any strong cryptographic functionality.*
16. What code in the Cisco IOS 15 image filename c1900-universalk9-mz.SPA.153-3.M.bin indicates that the file is digitally signed by Cisco?
17. Which two conditions should the network administrator verify before attempting to upgrade a Cisco IOS image using a TFTP server? (Choose two.)
Verify the name of the TFTP server using the show hosts command.
Verify that the TFTP server is running using the tftpdnld command.
Verify that the checksum for the image is valid using the show version command.
Verify connectivity between the router and TFTP server using the ping command.*
Verify that there is enough flash memory for the new Cisco IOS image using the show flash command.*
18. A network administrator configures a router with the command sequence:
R1(config)# boot system tftp://c1900-universalk9-mz.SPA.152-4.M3.bin
R1(config)# boot system rom
What is the effect of the command sequence?
On next reboot, the router will load the IOS image from ROM.
The router will copy the IOS image from the TFTP server and then reboot the system.
The router will load IOS from the TFTP server. If the image fails to load, it will load the IOS image from ROM.*
The router will search and load a valid IOS image in the sequence of flash, TFTP, and ROM.
19. A network engineer is upgrading the Cisco IOS image on a 2900 series ISR. What command could the engineer use to verify the total amount of flash memory as well as how much flash memory is currently available?
20. Beginning with the Cisco IOS Software Release 15.0, which license is a prerequisite for installing additional technology pack licenses?
21. Which three software packages are available for Cisco IOS Release 15.0?
Advanced IP Services
22. When a customer purchases a Cisco IOS 15.0 software package, what serves as the receipt for that customer and is used to obtain the license as well?
Software Claim Certificate
End User License Agreement
Unique Device Identifier
Product Activation Key*
23. In addition to IPBase, what are the three technology packs that are shipped within the universal Cisco IOS Software Release 15 image? (Choose three.)
Advanced IP Services
Advanced Enterprise Services
24. Which command would a network engineer use to find the unique device identifier of a Cisco router?
show license udi*
license install stored-location-url
25. Which command is used to configure a one-time acceptance of the EULA for all Cisco IOS software packages and features?
license boot module module-name
license accept end user agreement*
26. Refer to the exhibit. Match the components of the IOS image name to their description. (Not all options are used.)