CCNA1 v6.0 Chapter 1 Exam Answers 2017 (100%)
1. A company is contemplating whether to use a client/server or a peer-to-peer network. What are three characteristics of a peer-to-peer network? (Choose three.)
easy to create*
better device performance when acting as both client and server
lacks centralized administration*
less cost to implement*
2. Which device performs the function of determining the path that messages should take through internetworks?
a web server
a DSL modem
3. What two criteria are used to help select a network medium from various network media? (Choose two.)
the types of data that need to be prioritized
the cost of the end devices utilized in the network
the distance the selected medium can successfully carry a signal*
the number of intermediary devices installed in the network
the environment where the selected medium is to be installed*
4. Which two statements describe intermediary devices? (Choose two.)
Intermediary devices generate data content.
Intermediary devices alter data content.
Intermediary devices direct the path of the data.*
Intermediary devices connect individual hosts to the network.*
Intermediary devices initiate the encapsulation process.
5. What are two functions of end devices on a network? (Choose two.)
They originate the data that flows through the network.*
They direct data over alternate paths in the event of link failures.
They filter the flow of data to enhance security.
They are the interface between humans and the communication network.*
They provide the channel over which the network message travels.
6. Which area of the network would a college IT staff most likely have to redesign as a direct result of many students bringing their own tablets and smartphones to school to access school resources?
7. What type of network must a home user access in order to do online shopping?
a local area network
8. An employee at a branch office is creating a quote for a customer. In order to do this, the employee needs to access confidential pricing information from internal servers at the Head Office. What type of network would the employee access?
a local area network
9. Which two connection options provide an always-on, high-bandwidth Internet connection to computers in a home office? (Choose two.)
10. Which two Internet connection options do not require that physical cables be run to the building? (Choose two.)
dedicated leased line
11. Which term describes the state of a network when the demand on the network resources exceeds the available capacity?
12. What type of network traffic requires QoS?
13. Which expression accurately defines the term bandwidth?
a method of limiting the impact of a hardware or software failure on the network
a measure of the data carrying capacity of the media*
a state where the demand on the network resources exceeds the available capacity
a set of techniques to manage the utilization of network resources
14. A network administrator is implementing a policy that requires strong, complex passwords. Which data protection goal does this policy support?
15. Which statement describes a characteristic of cloud computing?
A business can connect directly to the Internet without the use of an ISP.
Applications can be accessed over the Internet by individual users or businesses using any device, anywhere in the world.*
Devices can connect to the Internet through existing electrical wiring.
Investment in new infrastructure is required in order to access the cloud.
16. What is the Internet?
It is a network based on Ethernet technology.
It provides network access for mobile devices.
It provides connections through interconnected global networks.*
It is a private network for an organization with LAN and WAN connections.
17. Which statement describes the use of powerline networking technology?
New “smart” electrical cabling is used to extend an existing home LAN.
A home LAN is installed without the use of physical cabling.
A device connects to an existing home LAN using an adapter and an existing electrical outlet.*
Wireless access points use powerline adapters to distribute data through the home LAN.
18. What security violation would cause the most amount of damage to the life of a home user?
denial of service to your email server
replication of worms and viruses in your computer
capturing of personal data that leads to identity theft*
spyware that leads to spam emails
19. A user is implementing security on a small office network. Which two actions would provide the minimum security requirements for this network? (Choose two.)
implementing a firewall*
installing a wireless network
installing antivirus software*
implementing an intrusion detection system
adding a dedicated intrusion prevention device
20. Fill in the blank.
A converged network is capable of delivering voice, video, text, and graphics over the same communication channels.
21. Fill in the blank.
The acronym byod refers to the policy that allows employees to use their personal devices in the business office to access the network and other resources.
22. Match the description to the form of network communication. (Not all options are used.)
Web pages that groups of people can edit and view together -> wiki
Interactive websites where people created and share user-generated content with friends and family -> Social media
real-time communication of between two or more people -> instant messaging
an audio-based medium that allows people to deliver their recordings to a wide audience -> podcast
23. Match each characteristic to its corresponding Internet connectivity type. (Not all options are used.)
satellite -> Not suited for heavily wooded areas
dialup telephone -> typically has very low bandwidth
DSL -> splits the access line into three signals
cable -> uses coaxial cable as a medium
24. Match the definition to the security goal. (Not all options are used.)
maintaining integrity -> the assurance that the information has not been altered during transmission
ensuring confidentiality -> only the intended recipients can access and read the data
ensuring availability -> the assurance of timely and reliable access to data